This is an important consideration for anyone who would study Revelation, for how one resolves this question necessarily impacts the meaning of Revelation. According to his research updates, Gentry sees strong similarities between Revelation and the Epistle to the Hebrews. He made an excellent case for the early date of Revelation that I believe is close to unassailable, and he drew conclusions from the early church historians that I had not seen before. For the executed American murderer, see Kenneth Edward Gentry.
What's interesting to me is that I very likely agree with Dr. This statement is recorded for us in the original Greek in the famous church history written by Eusebius of Caesarea early fourth century. Advanced Search Search Tips. He notes that both documents even end up pointing the reader to the New Jerusalem from heaven Heb.
Search Advanced Search Search Tips. Hillegond's scholarship is excellent. He argues that the seven-sealed scroll is God's divorce decree against his unfaithful Old Testament wife Israel so that he might take a new bride, the Church Rev. Sitemap Ecommerce Solution by BigCommerce. It is food for thought, nashville hook up bars as we see the church being ridiculed and marginalized today in ways that it never has been before.
- But having said that, I must say that this book seemed like it should have been the introduction to a much more intensive work.
- Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
- We promise to never spam you, and just use your email address to identify you as a valid customer.
- There may be more after reading this book.
- Rushdoony Andrew Sandlin Ray Sutton.
Let me start by saying that I don't have a Ph. This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. That is extremely fast, and this is always the case when I order from this website.
His early date conclusion framed within a partial preterist and amillennial perspective is very well presented. Please help to improve this article by introducing more precise citations. This article has multiple issues. For this reason alone, the book is very valuable. However, I was hoping he would spend a good deal of time explaining his partial preterist amill view.
In fact, one of the things that I found to be lacking in J. From Wikipedia, friends dating serious the free encyclopedia. He sees evidence for this in Matthew's strong imagery regarding old covenant Judaism's demise in the rise of Christianity Matt.
Christian reconstructionism. The first century tribulation paradigm is a profoundly different eschatology than that held by most American evangelical Christians that the tribulation and rapture haven't yet occurred. Robert Hillegonds did his undergraduate work at Trinity Christian College and Calvin College where he majored in philosophy and biblical studies.
What if we have erred in reading Irenaeus through the eyes of Eusebius? After several years of pastoral ministry, he earned a Th. Upon completing studies at Reformed Theological Seminary he was awarded the M. He holds that each of these theological distinctives are logical and theological extensions of his foundational theology, hook up which is Calvinistic and Reformed. Your Hope in God's World Syllabus.
- This misunderstanding and these presuppositions are both examined in Robert Hillegonds painstaking research published as The Early Date of Revelation and the Endtimes.
- Prodigal Press by Marvin Olasky.
- The Book of Revelation is a forensic drama that presents God's divorce decree against Israel as he takes a new bride, the Christian church.
- This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification.
- Robert Hillegonds leaves no stone unturned in his quest for the date of Revelation.
- Or, maybe a third Great Awakening will usher in the Golden Age of the church.
Gentry was born in Chattanooga, Tennessee. What if we are overlooking some questionable presuppositions and a basic misunderstanding which colored the way Eusebius wrote history? His bibliography is extensive, and it is clear that he both read and understood his source material.
Now I have a thoroughly researched book to help me vie for an early date. He also draws parallels in thought between the Gospel of Matthew and Revelation.
One of the most important arguments for this date is based on a statement made by Irenaeus of Lyons almost years later. Please help by adding secondary or tertiary sources. Gentry's work is considered by his followers to be important for soteriological reasons. Please help by adding reliable sources. This issue powerfully impacts our understanding of endtimes prophecy, as well as what we should be doing as we await the return of Christ.